Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Smoothie Madness

First of all, I would like to start off by saying that I have been thinking a lot about the content on here, and, although college students tend to have scatterbrains anyway, mine has been especially all over the place. I started off focused on photos and travel writing, and I seemed to have somehow warped my way into writing about the journey of becoming a gluten-free eater. So, this is my decision. I am going to put a disclaimer at the top: This IS the blog of a college student. I AM slightly scatterbrained, and I DO intend to keep everyone entertained all the same. Some days, I am going to be posting photos that I am proud of, and others I will be posting recipes that I thought were extremely delicious. But, for the most part, I am going write about - and post photos of - whatever comes to mind, and whatever seems important that day. Hopefully you'll still enjoy it all! 


Lately, I have fallen off of the gluten-free train a little bit, which is actually pretty embarrassing to admit. It is so difficult being back at school, and being stuck on campus all day with nothing to eat, so I have occasionally cheated. Kill me. 


Anyway, I am working on getting back on track - everything that I buy for myself (aside from the waffles which I thought were gluten-free but I grabbed the wrong box) is gluten-free. It takes a lot of discipline to do it completely, but there are definitely ways to spice up your meals. 


Which brings me to my next point... smoothies. Smoothies are the perfect gluten-free snack, so long as you make sure the frozen yogurt you use doesn't not have gluten in it. When I go to the store, I make sure to get frozen strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and mango chunks. It is also a great idea to add some spinach in there for some extra fiber, and to make it a little more healthy. Just blend in your favorite ingredients, add some juice, and you're good to go! Happy blending! 






No comments:

Post a Comment