Thursday, February 2, 2012

Back to school, back to cooking!

Hello all, I am finally back in the swing of things at UMass, and it feels fantastic. Being back in the apartment is so much fun, and cooking for myself again is interesting... But exciting as well!

Grocery shopping has proven difficult, and expensive as far as gluten-free items go. But, I am continually learning, and things are getting somewhat easier each time I go.

Tonight, I made something that I have never attempted before - peanut noodles! And guess what? They turned out great! The recipe is so simple, anyone could make it.

All it takes are some noodles - soba, rice, linguine, whatever you choose. Cook the noodles until they are al dente, then strain, rinse with cool water, and strain again. For the sauce, put 1 clove of garlic and about an inch of fresh ginger (peeled) into a food processor until finely chopped. Then, add half a cup of peanut butter, half a cup of water, one and a half tablespoons soy sauce, one tablespoon sesame oil, one tablespoon cider vinegar, and a teaspoon of sugar. Blend until smooth, and add to the noodles once strained and rinsed. Chop 3 scallions finely, and garnish the noodles. Voila!

Here is a photo of the outcome, and a photo of the sunset here that reminded me a little bit of home. Live through the lens, and happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment