Monday, September 12, 2011

Relaxation

The new school year has started. The summer was hectic, and the school year looks as though it is going to be just as insane. Classes are busy, the weekends are full, internships have started, a job is (hopefully) in the making, and somewhere in all that craziness, we college students need to find the time to relax. I myself get stressed when I feel like I'm not getting anything done, even if I seriously need some relaxation. This is where knitting comes in. 




Knitting, to me, is extremely relaxing. There is nothing stressful about knitting, especially if you do not have a deadline for the thing you are making, or if that deadline is very far away. This summer, I took up knitting again for the first time in a while, and have fallen in love again! The needles move seamlessly together, yarn looping around them and creating row after row of beautiful stitches. 




The beauty of knitting is that anyone can do it. I personally know only the basic knit-stitch, but I still really enjoy doing it. AND you will never need to buy another hat or scarf again! Trust me, it may seem like a grandmotherly activity, but knitting is perfect for college students with hectic schedules and so many different things to keep track of. Take up knitting, I promise it will relax you and keep you warm this winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment